Outdoor HOA events are a great antidote for getting people outside and safely interacting.
When your HOA sets the available quantity for the event spots, Cheddar Up will count down as neighbors reserve their spot and will display “Sold Out” when all have been purchased.
Three Outdoor HOA Events for Summer
BONUS: This is the perfect socially distanced community event. Here’s what you need:
- A location—some open space where families can camp out with blankets and snacks and lots of space.
- If you’re feeling generous, some type of popcorn vendor or dispenser is fantastic. Sometimes you can find a local vendor who offers a variety of popcorn types (cheese, butter, caramel), which would be a hit.
- Projector, large screen and a movie. Fun Flicks is one resource that offers a one-stop shop for all your equipment and licensing. Keep in mind that depending on your location and attendance, you might need to obtain public performance rights, but Fun Flicks can help with that as well.
- Last, just make sure to communicate the time, the date, and the BYOBs (blankets, beer, beverages, etc.).
- Community clubhouses and cul-de-sacs are the perfect parking spots.
- Tables can be set up at safe distances or you can simply encourage take out.
- Create a food-truck fundraiser for your HOA by collecting money beforehand for meals and including a field for an additional donation to support community organizations delivering meals to those in need.
- An outdoor space with enough room to practice appropriate social distance.
- An instructor (or outdoor screen).
- Remind everyone to bring their own yoga mats or towels and a water bottle to stay hydrated.
If it’s a hit, make it a monthly event! Use Cheddar Up, create a collection page with 12 items (one for each month), and let folks sign up and chip in to make it worth your instructor’s time.